Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Graduation 2010!!!



After 7 very long years in graduate school, I walked on Saturday. What a feeling!! I actually don't remember much on the stage, damn long-term memory storage being disrupted by anxiety! But I feel so free, like I have so much free time...Its weird and exhilarating all at once. I start to question why I went through this process in the first place and I remember that I will always have a degree. No matter what happens or where I end up in life, I will be able to support myself. After leaving my ex-husband I felt so lost and alone. I now know I will always be able to care for myself and my family.
The single best part of graduation was the family. Everyone came up and it was such a blast. We smoked like chimneys, although we all "quit" several months ago. Ahh, group think. My family is amazing. Hilarious, silly and so damn supportive. I miss them terribly. I didn't think the trip would go so well. Usually I get my feelings hurt but I think I feel so confident in myself and my life that it just didn't matter. And, more importantly, there was noone there with that negative attitude that has been so prevalent in past family get-togethers. I felt like I really connected with my family again..This is an amazing feeling and I have missed it terribly.


I don't know how to move the pictures around...


1 comment:

Teri said...

Congrats! So proud of you! I had a blast being a "Horn" for the weekend =)